What is Dormicum
Dormicum is a benzodiazepine sedative. It initially came into use in the year 1976. This medicine is enlisted in the World Health Organization’s List of Essential Medicines because of its essentiality and effectiveness in the health system. It is available as a generic medicine which is not very costly.
Different forms or types of Dormicum.
The different forms or types in which Dormicum is available are the oral solution, oral syrup, oral tablet forms.
What are the other trade names of Dormicum
The other trade names of Dormicum are Hypnovel, Versed, Midazolam etc.
Where to buy Dormicum
You can purchase Dormicum from our online store. We ship the product worldwide.
Uses of drug Dormicum.
- For the treatment of seizures.
- It is meant for anesthesia, trouble sleeping, and severe agitation.
- It is an effective anxiolytic which is frequently used in a number of major and minor operations.
How does Dormicum work
Dormicum works by causing sleepiness in a person, reducing the anxiety and bringing about a loss of ability for creation of the new memories.
What is the dosage of Dormicum
Dormicum is taken orally by mouth, intravenously, or injecting into a muscle, by spraying into the nose, or through the cheek. It starts working in 5minutes when injected intravenously and starts its work in 15 minutes when injected into a muscle. The impact lasts for about 1-6 hours.
It is recommended to start with the lowest dose and continue for the shortest possible duration. Since Dormicum has a rapid onset of actions, it should be swallowed whole with the fluid immediately before retiring. After this, a minimum of 6-hour sleep is needed.
1.The adult dose for Light Sedation:
Patients younger than 60 years:
0.07-0.08 mg/kg IM once, till one hour before surgery.
1-2.5 mg slow IV every 2 minutes for sedation.
2.For anesthesia or adults:
For the patients younger than 55 years and those who are pre-meditated, the usual dose is 0.25 mg/kg IV once, administered 20-30 seconds.2minutes should be allowed to see the effect.
For the unpremeditated patients, the initial dose of 0.3 to 0.35 mg/kg IV once is administered over 20 to 30 seconds
3.The geriatric dose for light sedation:
The usual dose is 0.02 to 0.05 mg/kg IM once up to 1 hour prior to surgery
1 mg slow IV every 2 minutes as per requirement for sedation.
4.The Geriatric Dose for Light Anesthesia
For patients, more than 55 years in the premedicated condition the usual dose is 0.2 mg/kg IV once, administered over 20 to 30 seconds
Overdose of Dormicium is not life-threatening but can lead to undesirable consequences such as:
- Slurred speech
- Somnolence (difficulty staying awake)
- Mental confusion
- Respiratory arrest
- Vasomotor collapse
- motor functions
What are the short and long-term effects of Dormicum?
The short and long-term effects of Dormicum are enumerated below:
The less common effects:
- Experiencing chest pain or discomfort
- Occurrence of confusion
- Facing difficulty or troubled breathing
- Experiencing drowsiness
- The occurrence of dryness of mouth
- Faster heartbeat
- irregular heartbeats
- Irregular, fast or slow, or shallow breathing
- Experiencing irritability
- The occurrence of lightheadedness, dizziness, or fainting
- Experiencing nausea
- Occurrence of nervousness
- noisy breathing
- Paleness or blue lips, fingernails, or skin
- Experiencing restlessness
- Shortness of breath
- Tightness in the chest
- Being unable to speak
- Experiencing unusual tiredness
- Occurrence of weakness
The rare symptoms are:
- The occurrence of attack, assault, or force
- Alterations in patterns and rhythms of speech
- The feeling of constant movement of self or surroundings
- Experiencing a headache
- Lack or loss of self-control
- Loss of balance
- Experiencing mood swing
- Feeling restlessness
- Sensation of spinning
- Shakiness and unsteady walk
- The occurrence of sleepiness feeling.
- Slow response
- The occurrence of slurred speech
- Facing trouble in speaking
- The occurrence of unsteadiness, trembling, or other problems related to muscle control or coordination
What are the interactions of Dormicium with other drugs?
- St John’s wort reduces the blood levels of Dormicum. Grapefruit juice decreases the intestinal 3A4 and reduces metabolism and causes less metabolism and higher plasma concentrations.
How to get prescription for Dormicum?
By looking at your medical condition the doctor may prescribe Dormicium for you. You can purchase this drug without a prescription from our online medical store.
What legal status of Dormicum?
In a number of countries, Dormicum is a controlled substance. It is a List II drug of the Opium Law in the Netherlands.
It is a Schedule IV drug under the Convention on Psychotropic Substances.
In the United States, Dormicum is on the Schedule IV list of the Controlled Substances Act as a non-narcotic agent with the low potential for abuse.